The shortest in the Skimmer family, the Skimmer 116 gives you plenty of stability, straight tracking and good speed. All this is a reasonably compact size. Use the Skimmer 116 for day trips; whether you paddle to explore, for fitness or simply to be out on the water, you will appreciate all that the Skimmer has to offer. At 19kg, you would be hard pressed to find a lighter kayak. The thermoformed construction is not just light, it is still plenty strong enough, rigid enough and the smooth finish cuts through the water more efficiently than a rotomolded kayak does.
Performance isn't the only strong point for the Skimmer 116. The seat is supportive and comfortable. The seat base cushions nicely and the height adjustable back support allows you to easily get the amount of support you need.
Gear can be carried in the front hatch or in the rear well.
- Scuppers: 2-inch scuppers drain footwell & rear wells
- Hatches: 5.5” Center & 8" Bow: Storage compartment access
- Rear Well Bungee: Deck storage for dry bag & gear
- Paddle Holder: Secures paddle to deck
- Console w/cup holder: Holds water bottle & provides mounting for angler kit
- Outfitting: AireStream seatback and new Skimmer Cushpad
- Sealect Designs Footbrace system: Easy adjust pinch & pull
- Molded Grab Handles on Bow, Stern and Sides: Comfortable grip when carrying kayak during portage
- Stern Drain Plug: Simple hull drainage
Length: 3.5 m
Width: 77.5 cm
Capacity: 136 kg